Monday 31 August 2009

Shopping Elsewhere

Finding the lectures at the University to be somewhat lacking when it comes to practical examples and instrumental knowledge in the field of teaching, I didn't hesitate when I saw that a childhood friend of mine was hosting a weekend seminar through Mental Helse Ungdom on how to hold good presentations. Finally something I could use!

15 hours spread evenly between Saturday and Sunday meant no lounging around the apartment during the day and made for a somewhat different weekend then I'm used to. While leaving Batman: Arkham Asylum behind was somewhat hard and getting up after a hardcore Harley Davidson party at Ricks Saturday night was even harder, it was well worth it. Getting advice from someone with hands-on experience from holding and watching lectures is golden. He gave us directly applicable pointers on how to structure a lecture, what to watch out for and how to pace our voice and use body language. Then we got a chance to apply what we'd learned by preparing and holding a short presentation and get feedback on our performance.

All in all a weekend well spent, leaving me with quality notes I will be referring to when preparing my own lectures in the future.

Oh, and the Harley Davidson party was totally sweet. Those people know how to party!


No comments:

Post a Comment